Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Get paid to web surf?

I just joined agloco. A new internet startup company that lets you get paid to surf the internet. What is the catch? They say you don't have to pay anything to sign up. You don't have to give anything to agloco except in order to earn money you have to do two things:

1. Get people to join the network through referrals.
2. Install the ViewBar that keeps track of what you do on the internet.

You can also make additional dollars when your referrals get other people to sign up.

Here is the problem. This is very close to a Pyramid scheme. Unlike the potential to become the CEO of a company, you can never reach the top. Will you ever become the CEO of your company? I'd like to think that I would like to be able to, one day.

Also, I have never been good at selling things like this to my friends. I tried one Pyramid Phone Company thing and when I decided to quit, my professor got pissed because I was in his referral list and he would lose money. He haven't spoke since, are we were long time friends.

I would like to one day become financially independent. Could this be a way to supplement your income? Is giving up some of your privacy worth the money? If you do install their ViewBar, you can disable it at any time. I should also mention the ViewBar is not even out yet. hehe

My main concern is: Do people want to be watched on the internet? Will users put up with the ViewBar added to their browser? I am sitting on the fence on this one. This is going to be a very controversial company.

At any rate and for what its worth, here is my referral link:
Join AGLOCO

So Say We All and Good Hunting,

Goodtime

No comments: